Over the holidays I decided I better start contributing to our traditional spread of appetizers (I am an adult and married for goodness sakes!) at our family Christmas Eve get-together. There were about 25 family and friends that gathered at my parents house to celebrate the joyous holiday.
When I decided to make an appetizer I naturally started flipping through Pinterest. When I was going through the millions of pins I wanted to find something that was holiday cute and semi-healthy.
This is what I found….
This is what I created…
The picture I found on Pinterest didn’t really come with instructions so I decided I would just “wing” it.
“My Version” of Cucumber, Tomato, Cream Cheese Bites Ingredients:
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 1 container of Grape Tomatoes
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- Black Pepper
“My Version” Instructions:
- Peel cucumbers and slice into 3/4 inch rounds and cut grape tomato in half the long way.
- Spoon out middle section of each cucumber round slice (to remove most of the seeds).
- Spoon the cream cheese spread (about 1 tablespoon or a little less) into the middle of cucumber. (I eye-balled this…depending on how deep the hole was)
- Once cream cheese is spooned into the middle of the cucumber slice, place one tomato halve on each.
- Sprinkle with a little black pepper for taste.
- Refrigerate if waiting for guests to arrive and ENJOY!
These simple bites were a hit at both my families Christmas celebration and I also brought them to a New Year Eve Celebration too! I only ended up tossing a few after each night. I’d say that’s considered an appetizer HIT!